Sunday, 4 November 2012

Andy Warhol Coke


Pieces of Andy Warhol's 'Coke' Work, which was made using a screen printing process has impacted as a piece of advertising even if it was not directly made to be a piece of advertising. Warhol's work has always been controversial true to his mockery of new media.  In this piece of work, the process of screen printing has meant that a simple colour palette is more of a 'must have' than a choice, however, I think he uses this to his advantage. When designing I find a simple design has more impact than a busy design. It means that the audience to the work has less to focus on, but still gets the message in their head. The Coca Cola logo and three iconic glass coke bottles is enough for people to think about coke, and therefore wanting to buy.
   Although Warhol may of been mocking the growth of advertising when creating this piece of work I still see it as advertising and I think the concept behind the aesthetic appeal has been influential to me and also other art-workers who work within the advertising industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment