Sunday, 4 November 2012

Josef Muller Brockmann

Josef Muller Brockmann's approach on design has been used in aspects of my work. He simplifies design to its key aspects, not over complicating design. Examples of this is using just text and sometimes images in his work without decoration to keep it free of distraction. He uses white space in his work so that the person observing his work can differentiate parts of his work. In my work I also use space as a part of design to help communicate the information I'm trying to portray.
 
Although Muller Brockmann tends to keep to one typeface on each piece of work, I do like to keep the amount of typefaces to a minimum in my work, only using more if necessary for the design. This may of been influenced by Muller Brockmann's work when looking at Swiss graphic design.

He also keeps a simple colour palette in all his work even when using photographs, the colours seem to only be used to help communicate the idea or information. Although not directly influenced I like using a small palette of colours in my work to keep it aesthetically attractive and un-distractive.

Work using Akzidenz Grotesk

No comments:

Post a Comment