Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Wassily Kandinsky - Artist


I find Kandinsky the artist influential due to the amount of colours he uses in his paintings. Although normally he uses a lot of colours in his work, I can see the main colours he uses. When doing my work I want to always pick out a colour palette which fits the brief and also looks good. 

However when using photographs in my work, whether it's magazine design or a poster, they will have loads of different colours in them. When looking for a colour scheme for the rest of the design, I will need to pick out colours in the photographs which link well with everything. When looking at kandinsky's work, I can normally see that the main colour palette can take over the over colours due to the way he has added them to abstraction and abstract paintings.

Although Kandinsky has the complete opposite idea of communicating something as best as possible in his work, I feel that he still used colours to express mood and different objects which is what I sometimes use in my work.

Composition 7
Composition 4


No comments:

Post a Comment